If you’re a UK Grasshopper customer, you’ll be aware that Grasshopper are leaving the UK market later this year.
The shock announcement, which explained the company will shut down service to UK clients by 30th April 2018, will leave many thousands of Grasshopper customers searching for a replacement cloud phone provider.
We’ve written previously about issues that may arise when you buy your telecoms from a reseller as opposed to a network owner. This whole scenario backs up what we were saying.
Number porting concerns for UK Grasshopper customers
Fortunately, there are a number of cloud telecom providers out there happy to offer a good home to Grasshopper’s customers. The problem is, anyone looking to port their number out of Grasshopper’s UK network will have to start the process by 28th February 2018 or risk losing their number.
Once the deadline of 30th April passes, all Grasshopper’s UK customer account data will be deleted. So, to keep details such as invoices & billing records, you’ll need to export and save all that information in a secure location.
How to prepare for your move from Grasshopper to a new telecom provider
- Export all your critical data from your Grasshopper account.
- Gather up all your phone number details so you have them ready to port.
- Research alternative cloud telecom providers to switch to when Grasshopper closes.
- Be sure your new provider can match or improve on your current call management features, service levels and reliability.
- Make sure your new telecom provider offers excellent customer support and has a reliable porting process.
- Start porting your numbers out immediately to ensure no loss of call service and a seamless transition to your new provider.
If you have a Grasshopper NGN (non-geographic numbers) like an 03, 0800, 0844, 0845 or any other Grasshopper NGN, Ofcom’s Number Portability Agreement allows you to transfer them to a new provider for free.
What’s more, if you transfer to Numbergroup, we’ll offer you free porting for any Geographic number. Plus we’ll offer you double call credit and you can take your pick from our huge range of FREE 0800 Numbers.
If you want the full capabilities of the UK’s best Cloud PBX system, we can open an account for you straight way and you won’t have to pay any monthly subscription fees. You’ll only pay for the calls you make, so you’re likely to make a substantial saving on what you were paying previously with Grasshopper.
Grasshopper customers need to act quickly
Speak to one of our Sales Team on 0800 3101010 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a specialist team in place to manage the migration for UK Grasshopper customers so you’ll get all the help you need.