If you’re a business owner, you know how important it is to get as many potential customers as possible—but if your phone isn’t ringing off the hook with new leads, some steps can be taken to increase calls. Here are some ideas:
Advertise your number everywhere
Make sure the phone number is prominently displayed on all marketing materials, including the company’s website, business cards, brochures and online directories.
- Promote your phone number on your website
- List your phone number on all the popular business search websites.
- Include it in your email signature.
- Put it on your business cards and promotional items (think pens, notepads, etc.).
- Promoting your phone number in print advertising is still an excellent way to get your message out. When promoting your business, you can use print ads as part of a larger marketing strategy—or as the campaign’s focus. Either way, ensure you have a printed copy of the ad so potential customers can take it and call later.
- Get active online! Post about what you do on Facebook and other social networks so that people can see how great it is to work with you.
Search engine optimisation (SEO)
SEO techniques can help boost a website’s ranking in search results, making it more likely for potential customers to find the business’s phone number. This can include optimising the website’s content and structure and building high-quality backlinks from other websites. Furthermore, local search engine optimisation can be especially useful for businesses that rely on phone calls from nearby customers. A business can increase the visibility of its phone number in search results by taking steps to improve the website’s ranking for searches related to location.
Make sure your number is easy to find
- Make sure your phone number is available on every web page, usually in a fixed position on the top right-hand side of the screen, not buried under layers of navigation on a remote contact us page. You should also ensure that the lettering size is large enough so that people can read it easily and quickly.
- It’s also a good idea to use a hypertext link so smartphone users can click your number and initiate the call, for example: 08003101010
- Make sure your number is easy to find.
- Make sure it’s easy to remember, too.
Make it clear in your email signature: “Call me at [phone number].” If you want to go the extra mile, include an image of an old-fashioned rotary phone so that people who didn’t grow up with smartphones know what they’re supposed to do when they see those numbers printed out in front of them (and yes—that does mean we’re going back in time with our marketing tactics).
Implement a call-tracking system to identify the most effective marketing channels and campaigns for generating phone calls
Implementing a call-tracking system allows businesses to identify the most effective marketing channels for generating phone calls. A call tracking system creates a record of every phone call made to your business, so you can see which marketing efforts generate leads. Tracking phone calls from specific website pages, advertising campaigns or marketing channels can be used to determine which sources are the most effective and can provide valuable information on the quality of phone calls, such as the duration of calls, the conversion rate of calls to sales, and customer satisfaction with the call experience. To identify the most effective marketing channels and campaigns for generating phone calls, businesses can make more informed decisions about their marketing efforts and improve the return on investment of their marketing budget.
Offering a freephone number can effectively remove barriers to calling
Offering a freephone number can effectively remove any barriers to calling and allows customers to contact a business without incurring charges on their phone bill. This can be very appealing for people who may otherwise hesitate to call because of cost concerns and provides an advantage over your competitors. By offering a freephone number, businesses can make it easier for potential customers to call and ask questions, place orders, or get more information about the business’s products or services. Additionally, a freephone number can help project a professional image and improve the customer experience, making it more convenient and hassle-free for customers to get in touch with your business.
Use social media to generate calls
Businesses can advertise their phone number on social media and other online platforms to encourage calls from potential customers. By maintaining a strong presence on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, businesses can reach a wide audience of potential customers and promote their phone numbers through posts, ads, and other content. Additionally, businesses can use social media to engage with potential customers and give them a reason to call. For example, they might offer special promotions or answer questions about their products or services. Other online platforms, such as review websites and local business directories, can display a company’s phone number to encourage calls from customers.
Offer incentives for calling, such as discounts, free trials, or other promotions
You can also increase the number of calls you receive by offering a compelling incentive for customers to call you.
- Offer incentives for calling, such as discounts, free trials, or other promotions. This can make it more appealing for customers to call the business.
- Make sure the incentive is relevant to the customer. For example, if the business sells running shoes and you’re offering a discount on running shorts and socks, this will likely appeal to your target demographic.
- Make sure that the incentive is worth their time in terms of effort and money spent (making calls vs browsing your site).
You can offer a discount or free trial, free consultation, willingness to answer any questions about your product or service, willingness to discuss any concerns about the product or service, and/or willingness to discuss any concerns about your company.
The more compelling the incentive is (and this is something that you’ll need to test out), the more people will be willing to take an extra step and pick up their phones instead of just sending an email or filling out a contact form online.
- Give them a reason to leave a message.
- Give them a reason to call back.
- Give them an incentive not just to call once but again and again and again—and as many times as they need help with their issues and questions!
Include the business’s phone number in all email communications
This can make it easy for customers to call if they have any questions or concerns. Make sure the number is visible and easy to read at a glance, even on mobile devices that are likely used by many of your customers. Include an active link called “Call us” or “Contact us” next to your phone number so that people know how clickable it is and where they will end up when they click on it (i.e., not somewhere else entirely). When someone clicks on this link, they should be taken straight through to a page where they can call directly from their browser without having to navigate away from Google or other search engines first—and once again, this should work on mobile devices as well as desktop computers.
Always be available
Callers have questions, concerns, and purchasing decisions to make. Make it easy for them to reach you by phone. First, you need to make sure that you are available 24/7. If your business is closed during the day or on weekends, it might be hard for customers to get in touch with you when they have a problem. Outsource to a call answering service if you aren’t available, but make sure to record all calls.
Your goal as an entrepreneur should be to make it as easy as possible for others—whether potential customers or associates—to reach out and connect with you by phone. This can help increase sales opportunities and provide better customer service overall!
Run a contest or giveaway that requires customers to call in order to enter
A contest or giveaway is an excellent way to increase the number of calls you receive. It will also generate brand awareness and loyalty among your customers. To make sure this technique works for your business, try running it for a limited time only; this will help prevent people from seeing the contest as something they can easily take advantage of and abuse.
Provide a clear call to action on all marketing materials
Such as “call now” or “contact us for more information.”
- Provide a clear call-to-action on all marketing materials, such as “call now” or “contact us for more information.”
- Make sure that the CTA is easy to find and read. Keep it at the top of your page so customers can see it immediately when they arrive at your site.
- Don’t assume that because someone clicked on a link from an email or social media post, they’re ready to contact you right away—make sure there’s an obvious way for them to reach out!
Use targeted advertising
If you want to attract customers in certain geographic areas, use a local number in those advertisements. This will make it easier for people in those areas to call you and take advantage of what you have to offer. You could set up a local number for each area your business serves. We supply phone numbers from Land’s End to John o’ Groats and everywhere in between, all forwarding to your call centre.
In order to get more calls, you need to be able to reach the right customers. This means using targeted advertising to reach potential customers who are most likely interested in the company’s products or services.
Partner with other businesses to cross-promote each other’s products or services.
A great way to increase the number of calls your business receives is by partnering with other businesses or organisations in your area. By cross-promoting each other’s products or services, you can help to increase exposure for both parties and generate leads that might result in more calls for you.
To find other businesses who may want to partner with you, search online using keywords like “business partnerships” or “advertising partners.” You can also reach out directly via email or social media platforms like LinkedIn. Once you’ve found a potential partner, make sure they’re a good fit by comparing similar numbers of customers and marketing budgets before meeting in person to discuss details about a potential partnership. If all goes well, both parties should feel confident that working together will lead to tangible results—and hopefully more calls!
Provide excellent customer service, so customers have a positive experience when they call your business.
Customer service is an important part of any business, no matter your industry. Good customer service can help build trust between you and your customers, which will encourage them to continue doing business with you. It can also help you retain and attract new customers through word-of-mouth recommendations. Additionally, by providing great customer service consistently over time—and being transparent about it—you can build your brand’s reputation as a reliable company that cares about its customers’ needs.
Hopefully, this post has helped you learn about how your business can increase the number of calls it receives. Your phone number is your business’s first line of contact, so make sure it’s a good one.
Your business should have a strong phone presence. After all, it’s the best way to connect with your customers and build relationships with them. If you want to learn more about how you can increase call volume in your business, contact us today!